Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Oh Boy! This is Gonna be GREAT!"

This quote, from Flounder in the movie "Animal House", is what I immediately imagined was going through CB's mind when I opened the door to the cage yesterday morning. This was the first attempt to see if they would come to me to get their morning treat, as opposed to my delivering it to them in the cage. Foehn was certainly interested, and climbed out onto my knee. CB hardly gave me a look as he scrambled through the door and headed down to the floor. True to his nature, he scurried all over the office exploring. Foehn did a little exploring of her own as well, but she actually didn't wander to far from me and the applesauce. Within a couple of minutes she climbed on my arm an headed for the jar I was holding (small baby food size), and I easily guided her into the cage. At some point CB figured "Hey, I'm missing out" and came back to the vicinity of the cage. I was able to lure him to the door and then inside with the applesauce. Once he was in, they both headed to bed. We tried the same thing this morning with similar results, although Foehn stayed with me and the treat and wasn't interested in wandering too far. Fortunately CB has been easy to coax back to the cage, and part of that may be is that it is the end of their day, and he does like his sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment