Monday, December 7, 2009

Finding the Time...

First it was the Thanksgiving holiday, now it's a cold. I came down with a cold Friday night and haven't been up to writing a post the last couple of days. On the other hand, not much has happened compared to CB's escapade the other night.

Despite feeling wiped out from this cold the last couple of days, I did spend some time in the tent with Foehn and CB the last two evenings. Since pretty much I just sit there and let them run it's not too taxing. It's been taking CB a good 30 to 45 minutes to get revved up. He is really content to just settle in to my pant leg or under my knee. Then as if someone flips a switch, he is out running, climbing, and jumping. In the meantime, Foehn gets going pretty quickly. One of her favorite things is to climb to the top of the front screen of the tent, and climb back and forth and back and forth along the top....M says it makes her dizzy just watching. Foehn is actually wearing a path in the screening. Occasionally she will jump down, check on CB, run around, but then get right back up there. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't have OCD! Last night though, she did jump on to me a number of times from the tent. She also climbed up to my shoulder at least a half dozen times, which is a first (at least for the number of times). She climbed up my back to one shoulder, then across to the other shoulder. Sometimes he would jump to the tent wall, other times she would climb down my arm to my knee and then jump. She was having a great time, and so was I, for that matter. We think it is another significant step.

This weekend I assembled a "tree" out of PVC pipe for them to climb on. M wrapped the "trunk" in rope, and the branches will be covered with fleece sleeves. After a little hesitation because of the newness, they both have taken to climbing to the top and launching to the tent wall. I'll try and have a photo or two in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment