Saturday, December 12, 2009

Eight and a Half Weeks

Sorry It's been five days since my last post. It's not because nothing has happened, but I'm still dealing with this cold and have been trying to get to bed earlier to shake it off.

The gliders have been with us a little over eight weeks - it was eight weeks on the 9th. We had a couple of more steps forward this week with both Foehn and CB. For some time now during tent time they would run around, climb, etc. but would generally avoid climbing on me except if I had a treat. Ending play time was at times a hassle. CB would go to the pouch, but Foehn wanted to keep playing. Things have changed a lot in the last two weeks. Ending tent time every night is just a matter of laying the pouch on the floor of the tent. As soon as they see it they both make their way in and are ready to go. They know dinner is waiting in their cage. This is now part of their routine and It's nice not to have the stress of trying to corral them. Then, this week Foehn has been climbing up and down my back, on my shoulders and jumping off to the side of the tent. She even takes a break from her climbing to periodically come down and check things out and climb on me again. CB still takes time to get going (about 45 minutes, actually), but once does he is climbing and jumping. He really likes to leap from one wall of the tent to the other. The other night there was a glider on my shoulder, and it turned out to be CB, much to my surprise. That was a first for him. And the other day, they both crawled into my M's shirt for the first time.

We are also busy getting ready for the holidays. In keeping with the season, M made Foehn & CB two new pouches for the cage. The Christmas tree pouch is their favorite. It's 12 inches long and deep. They have been in the reindeer once or twice, but the tree pouch is where they sleep. They also like to play with the "candy canes" (made out of plastic straws).


No comments:

Post a Comment