Friday, January 1, 2010

Someone Had A New Year's Eve Party...

...but it wasn't me! I was in bed before midnight, as I have been most of this week. M has been down with a severe case of the flu (we think) the entire week, and I have not been sleeping well.

Since M has been sick, the gliders have been a little out of their routine. She normally wakes them up mid-afternoon for a mealie snack and to move them to a bonding pouch. I just haven't had time to do that. So, last night I spent a long time (~2 hours) in the tent with them. Both Foehn and CB were in pretty frisky mood, having slept about 14 hours without interuption. There were both climbing all over me and using me as a launch point to the tent sides and to their tent tree. It was a lot of fun, and the only reason I ended it as I was getting tired and they wanted dinner.

I did give them their morning treat today, and surprisingly neither seemed really interested in trying to come out of the cage. That was fine with me, as I was half awake. Within seconds of taking their last licks they were crawling into their sleeping pouch. I went back to bed for awhile myself. It was later in the morning when I came back into the office with my coffee that I noticed the mess in and around their cage. I had cleaned it out yesterday, and changed the paper in the tray. This morning there were bits of food on the floor outside their cage (I haven't seen it this bad since we first got them), food on the inside, toys all over the place, the monkeys from their Barrel of Monkeys scattered everywhere - a mess! As I shook out their fleece blankets I was half expecting to see little party hats and noisemakers tumbling out of them. They must have had a grand old time last night! No wonder they were so anxious to turn in this morning.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment