Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sewing Up a Storm

M has found a renewed interest in sewing since our glider sitting adventure in September. She made some extra pouches for Molly, and has made two sets for our gliders, and recently completed a Halloween-themed pumpkin/witches hat pouch. She was in our local Hancock Fabrics store yesterday buying more fleece (it's on sale), and apparently the staff has been noticing her many recent fleece purchases. Curiosity finally got the better of them, and they asked her what all the fleece was for. Of course she happily explained it to them. They were quite interested and thought gliders sounded so neat.

M here. Yes, it is true... I have avoided making anything from fleece since fleece was available... I didn't like it. Didn't like sewing with it, thought the no-sew quilts were for lazy people (sorry), I don't quilt either, low attention span, have to finish projects quickly. But, Molly was a glider in need. My son doesn't sew, winter was coming, she loves to snuggle, and so, off H and I went. He NEVER goes to a fabric store with me, at least, not with out that "when will you be done" sigh every 5 minutes! But, here he was, picking out colors, telling me how our son would like the camo one (he had complained because I had made Molly some rope toys with white and pink rope).But the real show of glideritis was when he said, "I'll pay for them! Whoa, maybe I can milk this sudden interest......


I have dolls from when I was a child and pregnant with our first baby, for whom I had made Halloween costumes. He found a thread on decorating cages and asked if I could make a pumpkin pouch. I went a step further and made a witch's hat they could hide in. Once I get started, my creative juices just take over and I needed more fleece, because, if i made something for ours, I had to make Molly the same thing, maybe in a different color.

Now, along with six huge plastic containers of fabric I have been "collecting" for the perfect project forever... our guest bed is now full of fleece! I was almost relieved when my sister told us they were going to be able to get here for a visit! Because, my craft room was already a mess, and once fleece entered our lives, I just put off cleaning it, and just added to the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment