Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Progress

Well, we had a marathon session in the tent last night. I was intending to keep "play time" to an hour, but CB and Foehn had different ideas. They had another great session running, climbing, and jumping from the tent and from me. After about an hour and 15 minutes they appeared to be winding down and I placed the pouch on the tent floor for them to climb in to. They crawled in and out, but neither at the same time, so an organized, quiet end like the first night didn't seem to be in the cards. After 20 minutes of this, they both got a second wind. CB finally called it a night after about 2 hours and crawled into the pouch. I moved him to their cage, and then came back for Foehn. She was not ready to stop, but I was - I had to get up for work in the morning. So I had to finally gather her up in a fleece blanket and moved her to the cage.

We are making progress with bonding. The are licking food off of our fingers with minimal nips and bites, and M was able to pet both of them in the pouch today. Foehn, the more skittish of the two, climbed part way on to my hand tonight to lick up some chicken and apple baby food.

I decided that I would first let them out in their cage before moving to the tent tonight, but they had other ideas - food. Both of them decided to snack and hang out in the cage - no interest in getting back in the pouch so I could move them to the tent. We took these photos tonight. The first is of CB and Foehn at the food cup, and the second is of Foehn relaxing between nibbles. We never did make it to the tent tonight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment