Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Step for Foehn

Yesterday morning I went through the usual ritual of giving Foehn and CB a small treat before they turned in for the day. As has been the case the last couple of times, Foehn came to the cage door eagerly waiting for me to deliver the goods. And once again, CB crawled in to the blanket before I could get back to the cage and Foehn got first licks in. However, I did unroll the blanket and coaxed CB out without him crabbing, and then he joined in with Foehn licking the treat from my fingers. Foehn crawled on to my hand (looking for more goodies, of course), but did not get scared or nervous. She actually stayed there and I lowered my hand to the cage floor to let her off. That was a pretty big step in the trust department. We're going to have to work more on CB - he's too concerned with getting to sleep in the morning and isn't that interested in anything else.

I was gone overnight last night on a business trip and M had the gliders to herself. When they briefly woke up she gave them each a grape which they both thoroughly enjoyed. They only get a grape once a week or so, but they are their favorite. M got a great photo of them (below) working on their grapes, CB on the left and Foehn on the right. CB appears to be really relishing his grape!

No comments:

Post a Comment