Friday, October 30, 2009

Excuse Me! I'm in the Bathroom!

M: Having rheumatoid arthritis has really prevented me from enjoying tent time with Foehn and CB. So, yesterday, I decided to try our bathroom. I took a large quilt and put it on the floor, which is ceramic, but heated. The quilt only covered a small area, but was comfortable enough for me to sit on for a long time. I put the pouch with Foehn and CB in it on the quilt between my legs. They were already awake, even tho it was only 1:00 pm. They weren't too sure what to make of this invitation to freedom. But, after thinking they had to sneak out, Foehn took a run for it. She ran around the perimeter of the bathroom, noticing, about the same time I did, that even tho the door was closed , the space between the door and the floor would surely accommodate her. I move very awkwardly, and I was afraid if I wasn't careful, CB would surely suffer from my attempts to prevent Foehn from testing her theory. So, I took off the sweater I was wearing and threw it by the door. This was enough to redirect Foehn, and encourage CB to join in the fun! They were chirping and periodically hiss to each other as the explored the territory for about an hour. They would run up my back, up my legs, almost to my face, but then chicken out and run to the sweater. Finally, the adrenalin rush wore off, and both of them snuggled into the arm of the sweater. They were surprisingly easy to coax back into the pouch, and content to stay there the rest of the afternoon. I should mention, though, I am reluctant to allow Foehn to jump out of the cage onto me, again, a mobility issue, but they have not been in a zippered bonding pouch for a week now. I just attach their sleeping pouch to the strap I made for the bonding pouch. I am so excited that there is a way for me to participate in "tent" time!

No comments:

Post a Comment