Friday, March 19, 2010

We're Crazy, but It's Fun!

Well, today was the first day we had Cirrus and Virga out of their cage. They had a vet appointment and needed to be transferred to their bonding pouch for the trip. I took them out of the cage in their sleeping pouch and we went into the 1/2 bath and set them loose. I had a supply of meal worms and peach yogurt ready to appease them should this prove a bit traumatic for them (and me). First one out was Virga. She ate a couple of  meal worms and then jumped on my shoulder. I was amazed! I do not get to do tent time because of my arthritis, so this was a new experience for me. I envied Berg. But, then, she jumped on top of my head! How cool is that, she trusts me enough to actually go to the top of my head! Meanwhile, our little Cirrus was busy eying the crack at the bottom of the door figuring out if she could squeeze under it. She could have, but was easily redirected with some meal worms and yogurt.

She also jumped onto my shoulder and then my head. Virga attempted to jump from my head to the bead board wall, which ended with a splat, then a slide down to the floor. She then noticed the pedestal sink and proceeded to climb the pedestal! How she could grip the 6 inch diameter of that porcelain pedestal and climb up is beyond my comprehension! But, not to be out done, Cirrus quickly followed suit and was shimming up the pedestal! Then, it was off to check the door out, and then... She discovered how to climb up the toilet! She shimmied up the hose, grabbed the top of the toilet, and up she went! I am so excited that it seems we will be able to bond so well with these two!

The vet visit went well. No parasites causing Cirrus to be so thin, she actually gained a gram, as did Virga. Cirrus does seem to have an abrasion on her hind thumb which we will have to keep an eye on, but, otherwise, they are in good health! They were very good for the vet, only crabbed a little.  We are now in the process of deciding how to spend equal time with them and how to introduce them to Foehn and CB, since Berg has decided to finally redo the floor in his office and Foehn and CB will be moving again when he does that. So many changes in such a short period of time...for all of us....

Just one more thing. When we decided to adopt Virga and Cirrus, I asked Berg if we were crazy... He replied, "Yeah, probably, but it's fun!" Yeah, it is!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment