Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Morning Ritual

It's been almost a week since my last post...it was a busy Thanksgiving holiday and weekend.

I wrote in a previous how Foehn, and occasionally CB, wait for me in the morning for their treat before turning in for the day. CB missed out at times because he was already settled in for the day in their pouch. Well, he has, as they say, finally "gotten with the program". The last several mornings CB has been there with Foehn scrambling to the front of the cage when I come out to get ready for work. The first of these mornings he was in the pouch, but curiosity got the best of him and just before I was ready to close the door he scampered out of the pouch and climbed down to the door for his share of the treat. Ever since that morning he has been waiting for me with his sister. No doubt they were disappointed with me this weekend as I did not get out in time Saturday or Sunday, and by the time I came out (around 7:30 am) they had already turned in. They were ready and waiting this morning, however. There was a minor mishap as I was closing the cage door after their treat. A small bowl with the yogurt/applesauce mix was in my left hand, and I didn't realize I had my hand close to the cage. Foehn nipped my ring finger as I was latching the door with my right hand. Startled by the unexpected nip, I jerked my left hand back and a nice glob of the mix ended up on my clean shirt.


Enjoying a morning yogurt treat(my yogurt-covered finger is the focus of attention in the far right hand side of the photo)

Well, they both are now awake as I write this and busy grooming themselves in the pouch. They are both looking out at me and I think they may be ready for their dinner. I best get them to their cage before they decide to try and explore on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment