Monday, July 26, 2010

More News from the Big Weekend

It's been 48 hours since the introductions were complete, and I have to say things have gone remarkably well for the most part.  Foehn and Virga have their differences, but they are all getting along.  Their little spats have me  mildly apprehensive, but no one is being aggressive so I'm less worried than on Saturday.

There were a couple of neat things that happened this weekend during the introduction process and in the 24 hours following. The first occurred during CB's and Cirrus' introduction.  Once they were satisfied with each other, Cirrus took advantage of her freedom in the bathroom. Her favorite things was to climb up the sheer outer shower curtain to the shower rod, and then glide off.  I was sitting on the bathroom floor, and she landed in my lap the first time. Once she got her bearings after the jump, she ran to the curtain, climbed to the rod, and glided again. I had a large piece of fleece to use in case we had to break up any glider fights, and I used that to "catch" her as she glided down. I didn't want her to hit the counter or something else. Cirrus ended up gliding about a dozen times, and reminded me of a toddler who has just learned to slide down a playground slide, and keeps on going back to slide down again and again. By the last few she was going for distance, and I had to catch her before she hit the bathroom door. It was nice to know the ol' reflexes are still there! I wasn't able to get a photo of her in flight, but I did get one of her on the shower rod poised to launch. During Foehn's introduction she also climbed to the rod and glided off a couple of times, but Cirrus had the most fun by far!  She may be the smallest of our gliders, but she is a little bundle of energy. Saturday night she spent almost a solid two hours running and playing the wheel before she took a break to eat something.

Cirrus atop the shower rod, ready to glide.

Yesterday afternoon we observed some interesting behavior from Virga, but I'll save that for the next installment of the Weekend Update.

1 comment: