Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Growing Up

Yesterday was Rossby's and Sprite's 2nd birthday. They came to us when they were seven months old and are terrific gliders. They are both have great personalities and are very social, other than Foehn and Sprite still having to work things out.  Foehn has become somewhat neurotic that past several month and we are not sure why. Rossby is pretty relaxed about things, and he must have the patience of a saint to put up with Foehn sometimes. Rossby loves to run and when he is in the tent he will race around the perimeter of the tent. We think that he may just like the sound of his feet on the plastic tarp floor.  Between that and the wheel he keeps moving most of the time, occasionally taking a break to climb up the front of my shirt to my shoulder where he will sit and survey the scene. Once in awhile he will nuzzle my cheek while he's up there. After a minute or two he is off again running around until the next time for a break.

Sprite is a little sweetheart, and has become my favorite, partly because she has been the odd one out for much of the last year.  Initially she and Foehn did not hit it off, but then they were OK and she and CB had differences.  When we were finally able to get Sprite and CB together, then she and Foehn were at odds (we are still working on it).  Sprite has decided my shoulder is her safe place and will head there when Foehn is after her. Sprite likes to be petted and will sit on my shoulder and let me pet her much longer than any of the others.  When it's time to go back to the cage from the tent I put her and CB in a pouch. She will stay in for a minute or so, but then her little head pops out to see what's going on. She often will climb out and on to my shoulder for the ride to her cage. I don't have to worry about her jumping off and going exploring. When we get to the cage she will climb down my arm into the cage and wait with CB for dinner to be served.


No comments:

Post a Comment