Thursday, January 24, 2013

Progress

Cirrus has been on her medication for two weeks now, and it seems to be helping. Well, at least she is gaining weight.  This past weekend she was up to 66 grams, and while it isn't a lot, it's in the right direction. Her energy level is still good as well. Although she is gaining weight, it's hard to say how much is from the Diazepam. She still runs around the office marking when she is in here at night, although perhaps not as aggressively as before. For the last week or two they all have been eating well, so perhaps they are all more relaxed now.

One of my favorite times is the hour or so I spend with Rossby and Sprite after the trio's playtime is over. They are a hoot to watch. Their previous owner warned us that they were a mischievous pair, and they are. They often just run around and climb on things in the room, with Sprite following Rossby's every move and jump. If one of them finds something of interest, the other one is usually right there checking things out as well. They will get into stuff on my desk and when I go over to see what they are doing, I get this look like "What??? We're not doing anything!" They frequently use me to climb on, clambering up my leg to my shoulder and then launching to the climbing tree. Rossby and Sprite are very comfortable with us. Many times they are already up and around before I can bring them in here in their pouch. They come to the front of the cage when we approach will climb on to my arm for the short trip to the office without jumping off. I sometimes take them back to the cage on me as well, although I usually try to take them in a pouch. Rossby and Sprite don't readily climb into the pouch when it's time to go like the trio do. I usually have to coax them in, or just pick them up and place them in the pouch.


No comments:

Post a Comment