Sunday, April 10, 2011

Big Snack Attack

M has a great story about afternoon snack time the other day.  I'll let her tell it.

Snack time (when they get some kefir and mealworms) was done for the day.  I went to put the rest of the meal worms we had bought the day before in the larger container we keep them in with some oatmeal for food. The gang had settled in their pouch and I was wearing it inside my shirt.  Suddenly, a little pink nose on a very black face sticks up out of the pouch. Virga waited patiently for me to give her a taste, but I just ignored her, sort of. Finally, she climbed to the top of the pouch, so I gave her one and she went inside the pouch.

A minute later, she popped back up.  I started to laugh and kept saying "Nooo, go back to bed." Well, she hung out on top of the pouch watching me, then crawled back into my shirt, behind the pouch, which I didn't want her to do The next thing I know, a little pink nose and very black face is coming out of my shirt, onto the table where I am sorting meal worms! Now, tell me they aren't smart! She knew just where to come out to be level wih the counter at the same place the meal worms were!  Yes, she got another one. I was laughing so hard and trying to get her back in my shirt. Only problem is, my finger tasted like meal worm so she kept trying to bite it! Too bad I couldn't get pictures of Virga coming out of my shirt to sneak another worm.

Earlier during snack time, Cirrus went for a walk around the office, which she does from time to time.  When it was meal worm time, she was over on the computer desk, so, I shook the scoop to let her know it was meal worm time and she jumped to the chair at the computer desk.  I held a meal worm out for her to come get, and she took a flying leap from the chair to my finger (about 3-4 feet), knocking off the meal worm in the process.  But, she must have figured my finger was still the meal worm because she latched onto it and would not let go until I got her to Berg's desk and could get her another meal worm!


Meal worms after this morning's weigh-in. Cirrus, CB, Virga, and Foehn (in the corner)


"Can I have another meal worm, please?"

No comments:

Post a Comment