Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cool Times in the Tent

The last few days we have been able to get all four gliders some tent time, though not at the same time. Virga and Cirrus seem to be a little more active in the afternoon and I have had them in the tent during that time, occasionally in the evening. CB and Foehn get their time at night. In addition to the artificial tree we have include some "vines" and other things they can climb on. Virga and Cirrus enjoy exploring the tree, as opposed to CB and Foehn who mainly use it as a jumping off point to the side of the tent.  All four of them love the time to run around and climb, including climbing on me.



CB sound asleep in my handCB and Foehn have changed their routine a little a night, and it seems to take them longer to get going. One Foehn is out she will spend a good 20 minutes grooming herself interspersed with occasional short explorations around the tent. CB, well, he needs a nap to recover from the effort of waking up. Once into the tent, he will groom with his sister for a bit, and then climb up into my shirt (using the space between the buttons) for a nap. He curls up in the same place every time, on my right side just above above my belt. I usually let him sleep about 20 minutes or so and then scoop him out. He will try and get back into my shirt a couple of times, but then resigns himself to the fact I'm not going to let him back in. When I scoop him out he will stay in my hands for a minute or two and then scamper out. Tonight, however, was something new and frankly something I really didn't think would happen anytime in the near future. When I took CB out of my shirt, he stayed in my hand curled up and went back to sleep. It was really pretty neat. He finally did jump out when Foehn startled him when she jumped to the floor of the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment